31 Jan Support the WHOF
The WHOF is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to honoring and preserving the heritage of Wake.
2015 is our first full year of operation, and we need your help to accomplish all the plans we have.
2015 Major Goals Include:
• Creating and implementing induction procedures for our future Hall of Fame inductees.
• Creating and implementing the Wake Registry, honoring and preserving key still and moving images in Wake.
• Hosting an Awards Ceremony for Hall of Fame inductees
• Creating our first physical display of significant Wake artifacts and Wake Registry inductees @ Surf Expo (September, 2015)
How you can support WHOF
Contribute – Tax deductible contributions via Pay Pal or check
Donate – Own some memorabilia?
Volunteer – We need your talents!
Sponsor – Good for your business
We have already spent thousands of dollars to launch the Wakeboarding Hall of Fame. Our Board of Directors and web designer have donated hundreds of hours of expertise to create a solid framework to build upon. Now we need your help to take this honorable cause to the next level!
Please consider a donation of any size to help with our ongoing operating expenses. The more you give, the more we will be able to do!
Donate via Pay Pal
No account needed, just a credit card
Donate via check
Make Payable to “Wakeboarding Hall of Fame”
Mail check to:
Attn: Wakeboarding Hall of Fame
174 Saratoga St
Hot Springs, AR 71901
(Please include a SASE for faster service on proof of donation letter.)
The Wakeboarding Hall of Fame is a 501c3 non-profit corporation and your donation is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law
Do you have some great old Wake stuff in your attic or garage? The WHOF is always happy to receive wake-related artifacts for its collections. This could include historic boards, equipment, apparel, awards, periodicals, posters, or other media.
If you have something you would like to donate, please contact us with your potential Wake memorabilia at email@example.com.
Items donated to the WHOF become the permanent property of the WHOF. The market value of your donation is tax deductible.
The WHOF is looking for these specific items for our first public display:
- c1972: US. Banana Board – thin profile bindingless board with fin.
- 1970s: New Zealand. Alan Byrne & Kevin Jarrett hand shape narrow foam boards with a large keel fin, specifically made for riding behind a boat.
- early 1980s: Australia. George Darby & Roger Firehock sell hand shaped boards (without straps).They call them “Skurf-boards”
- 1982-1984: Australia. Bruce McKee “McSki” First commercially available skiboard with footstraps. 1984 model produced in US called “SurfSki”
- 1986: US: Skurfer by Tony Finn and John Hamilton. yellow or white with kiwi imprint on top-rear of board
- 1990: memorabilia from first World Championships
- 1991: US. Original Hyperlite wakeboard by HO Sports. Orange thin profile board
- 1993: Original Skylon
- X-games / Gravity Games Wake memorabilia
- Wakeboarding Unleashed featuring Shaun Murray Video Games with Boxes
If you have a special talent you would like to contribute to the Hall of Fame, we would love to hear from you. Special skills we need help with now include:
- Instagram Manager
- Video Editing
- Historical Research
- Content acquisitions and Creation
- Memorabilia acquisitions
Interested in becoming a board member? Active participation as an advisor, committee member, or volunteer is an excellent way for us to get to know you and your special skills and talents.
To learn more about sponsorship, advertising, co-marketing, and underwriting opportunities with the Wakeboarding Hall of Fame, contact Tommy Phillips, WHOF Founding President.
174 Saratoga St
Hot Springs, AR 71901